All 21 art Reviews

Suo's revenge with his Legendary Axe Suo's revenge with his Legendary Axe

The crispness of the foreground plays very well with the softness of the creature in the background, but my eyes want more dimension. The shapes/proportions of both the monster and the warrior confuse me. ((Also-is the warrior naked?)) Your use of texture is really innovative-especially with the sand leaving the warriors feet! I'm sure that you'll progress very far!
Good luck in the COTM!!!

Enjoyyourlife8 responds:

Huugely thank you for your words my friend, really liking your answer!
After I uploaded the pic, me and a friend had a discussion what I could have done more, and we realized the same about that you mention with the dimension. And then even I should have needed to add some extra little orange lightning from the front that could have done a bigger effect.
(Yeah, it's a jungel legend so he is ... oh .. That's why I tried to place the axe a little in front of the butt, but maybe counts like a M rate that little? I was thinking my self is so minimal view of the butt cheek so it's oky haha :D )
Thank you my friend once again for the words, and good luck to you to, we are all a winner and getting free knowledge out of this no matter!! :)

That was hard ;_; That was hard ;_;

Structurally fairly sound, but keep practicing on pushing that dimension! I really like some of the textures you're pulling into! You've got the talent-just keep developing those skills!

Guardian Angel Guardian Angel

Very well done-great structure and use of colour!
I feel like you could take the light/shading (mostly shading) one step further, especially in the midground to give the piece even better dimension. Good luck on the COTM!!!

Djoresh responds:

Thanks PrettyGeek, Yeah shading remains a problem.
I wanted to take it further but I was really close to midnight in my timezone.
Could have been much more, but it is what it is.
You also good luck!

Celestial Warrior: The Legend of the Axe Celestial Warrior: The Legend of the Axe

BAMF
You've truly captured a backstory that seems well thought out and relevant. The costume is really interesting-I'd definitely check it out if it was in comic form!

Good luck!

The legend of the axe - entry 612498723 The legend of the axe - entry 612498723

I like the sketch-please develop it! Cheers <3

SquielM responds:

Thank you! I will. Also, I will send you the finished illustration.

the history of the legendary axe the history of the legendary axe

I LOVE that there's so many views of how the ax has been involved throughout history!
The top right corner feels like dead space, and brings the eye away from the really cool negative space effect that you created in the tomb.

I love to see that you continue progressing-keep proportions in mind when you're sketching, though. (Arms/forearms in particular). Good luck!!

Olsenjo responds:

Thanks@PrettyGeek I'll keep it in mind

Man of the House Now Man of the House Now

Very interesting, stylistically! I love how some aspects of the picture seem as if they are sketched. I don't think that this is one of your best creations, but it's certainly one of your most daring. I commend you! Good luck on this COTM!

Legendary Axe Legendary Axe

Pros - I absolutely love your nightsky and the way that you play with light here! Your lens flare is really unique!
Cons - The skintone of your ax warrior feels off to me, as if there should be more flesh tones with the amount of light coming into the picture (especially because the ax itself is very boldly and cleanly done). The character's left eye (viewers right) seems slightly offset. I see that in some of your other work, but if it's a part of your style-develop it. If it's something you're working around, keep going.

All around-I like it a lot. Good luck!!

*WIP* of the COTM: LegendaryAxe *WIP* of the COTM: LegendaryAxe

The element rather tickles me!

LegendaryAxe-DrawWithJazza LegendaryAxe-DrawWithJazza

This is really cute-it made me laugh!
FYI-you spelled the tag incorrectly. Beginner category is: B-LegendaryAxe . I don't want for your submission to get missed!!!
- <3 -

Ani-Mus responds:

Thanks for that! i need to keep a closer look at what im writing next time :P